Tuesday 17 January 2017

Summer OOTD 2 | Kylee Maree

Today was one of the 5% of hot days that we've had this summer (summer is Dec-Feb in Australia). I decided to celebrate this with a very lightweight, casual outfit and a topnot.


This sheer singlet is one of my favourite wardrobe staples. It literally goes with anything and can be dressed up or dressed down. And the best part - its from Kmart! It was so so inexpensive, I think I'm going to go back to get more.


The shorts were another steal from Target at a very affordable price. I'm not to good with colour or patterns, so I feel like I've ticked both boxes with these. Once again they're made of flowy lightweight material. They also have a very forgiving and comfortable elastic waist and pockets! Every one loves pockets, especially us mums.


My shoes were purchased 2 years ago at a sale for around $10 from Novo. They were such an awesome find, that I also got them in a sand colour. They are the perfect 'dressier' sandal with their gold features.

Which brings me to my gold jewellery! I've always been a silver girl but ever since my Nan passed away and I inherited her gold diamond eternity ring, I've toyed with the idea of wearing gold more often. Seeing as I didn't own anything else gold, I didn't wear my gold accent sandals very often. So I ducked into good ol' Kmart (Again!) and found myself these really cute bracelets. One tip when purchasing gold costume jewellery, make sure it all matches. There is dirty looking gold, yellow gold, shiny gold, more orange gold, matte gold, the list goes on. I picked up a few pieces I thought looked closer to real gold only to realised that they were way off and my skin tone drowned out the beauty of the pieces. I then realised the very yellow looking gold was actually much closer to real gold and complimented my skin. 


The first bracelet has a snake pattern on it, making it more of a matte colour. This actually came in a set and was ultra cheap! It is very rough to get on though, I have large-ish hands and it was quite painful!

The second bracelet has a really cool textured effect and I love love love it. The perfect statement piece.


I wear my watch most days, but of course, its silver. So I decided instead of spending a tonne of money on a real gold watch, I would trial this $15 watch from Kmart. I really like it, but I now have a strange itchy wrist where the buckle sat. I'm not entirely sure that it was the watch. I have had random contact dermatitis before from using bleach, which I always use and never have a problem. And also, a fun fact, sometimes my skin turns black from wearing silver. Not very often though. Its probably only happened like 4 times in my life. So I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and try it again once I stop itching. But so far, I'm liking gold!

I hope you enjoyed this OOTD. You can watch the YouTube version of this if you'd like. Ill post the video below. Have a lovely day!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment