Friday 18 November 2016

DIY Personalised Money Boxes - Advent Calander


These are super easy and cute. I honestly cannot remember if I saw these somewhere on Pinterest once upon a time or if I made them up myself, so for that reason I am not claiming that I came up with the idea! Plus, I'm sure someone would have done this before.

You will need:

- A shadow box photo frame (make sure this is a box type frame and not just a deep frame with the glass sitting flush against the picture. Because obviously then there would be nowhere for the money to go, but of course mummy brain got me and I almost made this mistake!)

- A picture the size of the frame (I copied an image off Google then had it printed)

- Marker

- Ruler

- A drill (or some sort of tool to drill the slot in the top of the frame for the coin to enter)


That’s it!!

Take the back off your shadow box. With a marker and ruler, draw a guide line along your frame where you want your coin slot. Don't forget to make the slot big enough to fit your largest coin! Carefully drill your slot following the guide line you have drawn. As you can see I have not done this as I don't own a drill so I am waiting to borrow one. But I plan to use a small drill piece to drill small holes along the drawn guide line. Then i will run back and forth with the drill bit along the slot to open it up. Clean up your frame, insert your picture, place the back on the frame and you’re done! Super simple and cute.

I got my frames from Kmart (Australia) for $6. I plan to use my personalized money boxes for my kid’s advent calendars this year. Along with a small chocolate, they will receive $1 each day for 25 days. Then on boxing day we will go out and they can each buy a toy with their $25!

Merry Christmas, I hope you enjoyed this DIY.

XX

   

No comments:

Post a Comment